TIM reveals the brokers who picked the Europe stocks that made 2017 an epic year for trading19th July 2018
- UBS tops the Europe bulge brokers for the sixth year in a row.
- Jon Saxon at Stifel Nicolaus was the number 1 mid-tier salesperson, beating the market by 7.81% for his ideas over the year.
- Fearnley Securities came top of the mid-tier brokerage category, followed by Berenberg Bank.
- Michael Moizant at Goldman Sachs topped the ranks for the bulge bracket salespeople with an outperformance of the market of 7%.
- Globally, each idea submitted to the TIM platform yielded an average market outperformance of 0.15% in the first few days.
London, 23rd May 2018: TIM, operator of the leading global trade ideas network and alpha capture platform, has released Europe results of their 2018 Top Performer Awards, based on performance during 2017.
Low interest rates, economic growth and corporate profit rises meant that equity markets in 2017 gained in almost every country. In Europe the STOXX index increased by 7.16%.
Arguably, this might have made calling out the stocks that would outperform the market even more of a challenge than usual. However, the brokers within the TIM community still managed to make 2017 the strongest year for alpha creation since 2013 and our Top Performer results highlight the very top performing equity salespeople and their firms.
Our awards, now in their sixth year, are a unique global ranking, recognising and quantifying top performing firms and individuals – those whose trade ideas have consistently outperformed relevant regional indexes over the last year. Rankings are based on a number of factors, with an emphasis on consistency – looking at overall performance against total number of ideas – rather than one or two exceptional ideas.
“We are delighted with the strong performance achieved by so many contributors to our trade ideas network”, comments Rich Koppel, TIM CEO. “We are grateful for the role they play in strengthening our network and driving its continued growth. Congratulations to all of our 2018 award winners.”
A full list of Europe winners and also the North America and APAC regional winners can be found on TIM’s website: www.timgroup.com/awards/latest/ as can information on the methodology and criteria used to compile the rankings: www.timgroup.com/awards.