Compliance Update – January 20181st February 2018
Welcome to our monthly compliance update. In this issue, we share:
- Our answers to common questions regarding Trade Ideas post MiFID II
- Features in the TIM that help compliance teams with their processes
- Feedback on the impact of MiFID II’s impact on disaggregating market data feedsMissed our recent TIM Webinar?
Trade Ideas and MiFID II Q&A
With MiFID II now in force, we provide answers to some common questions about the effect of the Directive on trade ideas, from both the sell and buy-side. While trade ideas are not directly discussed in the Directive, most firms in the TIM network that have considered the question believe a consensus has been reached on the effect of the Directive on trade ideas. Our answers reflects what we understand to be the consensus in the TIM community. Read the Q&A here.
Restricted Lists and additional TIM compliance features
As we have indicated in earlier newsletters, many of our clients are finding that implementing their Restricted Lists in the TIM has helped their compliance endeavours. As clients begin using this feature, they are also exploring the other TIM compliance features. Here is a brief overview of additional compliance tools that provide quick and easy access to the data so that you can better perform your trade ideas reviews:
- Screens – search, filter, view, customise, and export trade ideas and their history
- Feeds – upload trade ideas into your own compliance systems, allowing you to integrate other datasets for bespoke customised workflows or provide an audit trail
- Email alerts – receive drop copies of trade idea email alerts
- Reports – receive reports to see recent trade idea activity
To find out more please contact us at TIMemail@example.com.
Market Data Disaggregated Feeds
Although MiFID II directs markets to offer (cheaper) disaggregated feeds, exchanges are not allowing potential end-users to benefit. Brett Lorge, TIM’s Market Data director, explains the situation and offers potential solutions here.